Connect Open Online Learning - Open Educational Resources (COOL-OER) is a repository of carefully curated OERs that are relevant to Indian context and hence can be adopted/adapted by schools. In times when humongous kinds of resources are being shared on the internet and social media this is an attempt to assist teachers, educators, parents and students find a thoughtfully curated list of open educational resources that can be meaningfully integrated in the teaching-learning process especially during distance learning. The thrust has been to showcase OERs that foster active learning , are multilingual - support Indian languages, accessible and adaptable. ..
A range of resources - with and without digital technology - and across various types - eBooks, multimedia repositories, simulations, tools, hands-on - have been curated and are available in multiple languages. The selection and curation of OERs has been guided by a six point rubric:
|R1. Learning/ pedagogical approach||Resources that foster active learning through interactivity, engagement and affordances for knowledge construction. Moreover, the resource should allow it to be contextualised to Indian school context.|
|R2. Knowledge theme||
1. Knowledge deepening - resources and tools that help develop conceptual clarity, widen the knowledge and better understanding of subject matters and also help learners appreciate multidisciplinarity of fields.
2. Creativity and 21st century skills - resources and tools that help foster creative expression and skills such as storymaking, designing, coding, computational thinking and digital agency.
3. Tinkering & making - resources and tools that enable hands-on minds-on engagement and cultivate learning by doing, tinkering and making habits.
|R3. Curricular alignment||Have direct curricular alignment with NCERT/CBSE/NCTE. Our resources should be such that they can be easily aligned to Indian school curriculum guided by NCF 2005.|
|R4. Grade alignment||The resources should have a demonstrable relevance to below grade levels: K-5/6-8/9-12/D.El.Ed/B.Ed/M.Ed/Teachers|
1. Released under an open license
2. Free to access and share
1. Active Knowledge Making: If the resource allows engagement and interactivity features/controls for learners so that the learner does not become a passive receiver rather be able to actively manipulate and work with the resource exercising the learner agency.
2. Multimodal Meaning: If the resource offers knowledge representation in multiple ways such as audio-visual, multi-dimensional, multiple-formats.
3. Collaboration: If the resource expressly fosters or has features for collaboration, sharing and co-construction of knowledge.
4. Accessibility: If the resource is inclusive and offers accessibility features such as screen reader, keyboard-only input etectera to help people with learning disability.
5. Adaptability: If the resource lends itself to be easily remixed and adapted so that it can be used in a different context setting; which also depends on the modularity (ability of a resource to be broken in smaller activities and repurposed)
For each of the resources relevant metaData details as well as key affordances have been indicated. The 5Affordance model to review an educational resource has been adapted from UNESCO-s report Rethinking Pedagogy: Exploring the Potential of Digital Technology in Achieving Quality. Due care has been taken to present the information objectively, however, if you find any inaccuracy/objectionable thing we encourage you to report to us. The COOL initiative and the OER curation process has been possible due to a large pool of volunteers who immensely contributed along with TISS staff.
COOL INITIATIVE AND THE COOL-OER REPOSITORY ARE NON-PROFIT ENDEAVORS AS AN EDUCATIONAL RESPONSE TO COVID-19. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE OUR ENDORSEMENT, SPONSORSHIP, WARRANTY OR APPROVAL OF SUCH LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR CONTENT OFFERED ON SUCH LINKED WEBSITES. WE DO NOT OWN OR CONTROL SUCH LINKED WEBSITES AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR CONTENT OFFERED ON SUCH LINKED WEBSITES WILL BE SUITABLE FOR YOU. YOU ACCESS AND USE SUCH LINKED WEBSITES ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND USE DISCRETION TO USE OR ADOPT ANY RESOURCE, PRODUCT, SERVICE.
THE CLIxOER SITE AND ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE CLIxOER SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXCEPT INSOFAR AS ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU CAN READ THE COMPLETE CLIxOER HONOR CODE HERE.
resources and tools that help develop conceptual clarity, widen the knowledge and better understanding of subject matters and also help learners appreciate multidisciplinarity of fields.
resources and tools that help foster creative expression and skills such as storymaking, designing, coding, computational thinking and digital agency.
resources and tools that enable hands-on minds-on engagement and cultivate learning by doing, tinkering and making habits.